RE Training PowerPoint and Supporting Documents for RE Leaders
…is a training resource to support the continued professional development of primary RE leads and classroom practitioners working in Church Schools across the Diocese of London
- Video 1 Part 1: Adapting a unit of learning to meet the needs of all. From the teacher’s perspective.
- Video 1: Part 2 Adapting a unit of learning to meet the needs of all. From the perspective of the RE leader.
- Video 2 – How to teach Biblical text analysis effectively.
- Video 3 – In conversation with children.
- Group Task.
- An example of a child’s written outcomes from the whole unit.
- Download all the resources as a word document.
RE Training PowerPoints
- Analysing Biblical Texts
- Balanced RE. Exploring Greater Depth. Case Studies based on Live Lesson Visits
- Teaching Religious Vocabulary and Promoting Effective Talk
- Judaism Overview
- Christianity Overview
- Islam Overview
- Hinduism Overview
- Sikhism Overview
- Advent Video from Rev Trev St Mark’s Islington
- Background knowledge for teachers on the meaning of Holy Week and Easter
- Background knowledge for teachers on the meaning of Christmas
- Check list to support development planning of the subject
- Easter knowledge progression grid
- Enrichment Map
- Focused Evaluation
- Glossary of terms used in the religions studied
- How to assess in RE
- Moderation of RE
- Monitoring and Evaluation Tool Kit for Religious Education – October 2021
- Profile of a religiously literate child
- Questions to support developing skills
- RE Link Governor Visit Document
- RE Policy Template – new June 2023
- Recommended Bibles to Support the Teaching of RE
- Self-evaluation Statement for RE
- Subject Leader Action Plan
- Termly Subject Leader Update
- Non-negotiables for RE for class teachers
- Core concepts and the ‘big story’ of the Bible