Church school character
| “What a privilege Church schools have, as places where ‘deeply Christian, serving the common good’ comes alive and children can flourish.”
Jayne Pavlou, LDBS Deputy Director of Education.
Core Services Brochure April 2023
- LDBS represents London Church schools to the national SIAMS team
- SACRE appointments
- Nominates to LA Scrutiny Committees
- Training for RE leaders
- Curriculum and resources for RE leaders
- InspiRED RE programme for RE subject leads aspiring to wider leadership roles. (extra cost – £450 for this 5-day subject leadership programme, suitable for anyone who has been leading RE for at least two years).
- Termly network and training for primary RE leaders and secondary Heads of Department
- Collective worship calendar
- Collective worship resources
- Annual LDBS service at St Paul’s Cathedral 2024 – 1 February 2024 – save the date
- Biennial Prom Praise programme and celebration event at the Royal Albert Hall (12 March 2024 King David: A Hero’s Journey). School bundles starting at £125. As well as songs to learn, an art challenge, a one-hour workshop in your school lead by trained musicians and a 90 minute ‘Big Sing’. Book here.
Church school leadership development
- Networks for chaplains, clergy and Heads
- SIAMS briefing
Preparing for SIAMS
- Half day RE visit for schools expecting a SIAMS inspection from Mary Thorne
- RE briefings and vision workshops for schools expecting a SIAMS inspection
- With you for feedback after SIAMS inspection
- Mid-cycle SIAMS health checks
- For primary schools, a half-day SIAMS leadership visit from our new SIAMS partner, Tim Wright
- For secondary schools, up to three full days of visits to support SIAMS, RE, Collective Worship and Chaplaincy
- Bespoke intervention to navigate disagreements between schools and churches, with dispute resolution and mediation options.