Governance and admissions
|“Good governance makes all the difference to a school – we are here to recruit the best LDBS governors we can and to support your board to be the most effective board that it can be.”
Leanne Gowar, Governance and Admissions Officer.
Core Services Brochure April 2023
- Promoting governance across diverse networks
- Contributing to Church and admissions networks
- Raising the profile of Church schools
- Appointment of SACRE and LA Scrutiny Committee members
- Liaison with the Schools Adjudicator in relation to admissions appeals
Governor recruitment and retention:
- Template recruitment documents
- Appointment of LDBS Foundation governors
- Induction training
- New Chair mentoring
- Clerks’ network
- Policy templates
- Access to Church of England template policy builder
- Specialist support for reconstitution of Boards entering Federations and MATs
- Regular governance updates and advice in the weekly bulletin
- Advice about admissions arrangements
- Statutory consultations. The admissions authority for a VA school is the governing body; the admissions authority for an academy is the board of trustees. Admissions authorities for Church schools have a statutory duty to consult the LDBS before consulting others about their admissions arrangements.
- Telephone and email advice
- A bespoke training session for your Board
- LDBS is the Diocesan Corporate Member for MATs
- Further bespoke training on request.
- Statutory advice prior to admissions consultations
- Up to 90 minutes telephone advice in relations to pupils at risk of exclusion.
- External governance reviews available (extra cost)
- Further bespoke training on request for governing boards (extra cost)
Get in touch
Admissions enquiries and policy consultation: email@example.com
Exclusions advice: firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor recruitment: email@example.com