Learning Mentor – Ashford Church of England Primary School
Ashford Church of England Primary School
School Rd, Ashford TW15 2BW
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 32.5 Hours a week 8.30 – 3.30pm (30 mins lunch) Term Time Only
Salary: Surrey Pay Scale 3 to Scale 5 based on experience – FTE £19785 – £25484 pro-rata for
32.5 hours to £15208- £19589)
Contract: Term Time
Applications Close: 30 June 2023 (10 am)
We are looking to appoint a learning mentor to work as part of our friendly and hardworking team. Our support staff team is integral to the school’s vision to ensure that all children achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life. Our successful candidate will be a motivated professional who will inspire and enthuse our children and support them in making good progress in their learning and social/emotional development.
We are looking for someone who:
- Promotes positive health, well-being and behaviour for all children
- Promotes high aspirations and expectations in relation to behaviour and attendance
- Promotes high quality learning for all children
- Provides care and supervision of children including children who have special physical, emotional and educational needs
- Leads and promotes purposeful play and social interaction at playtimes and lunchtimes
- Fosters and support children to participate in the full life of the school
- Helps children to become independent learners
- Contributes towards improved attendance, behaviour and progress rates across the school
- Is approachable and resilient
Our School offers:
- warm, welcoming environments which reflect the very good relationships between adults and pupils
- well-behaved and motivated children
- an active Governing Body committed to making a difference
- the opportunity for further career and professional development
- leadership team focussed on school improvement, children’s achievement and the professional development of staff
- membership of and training through the highly regarded London Diocese Board of Schools
- A leadership team committed to staff development and well-being
- extra benefits including parking and excellent staff facilities
Applicants will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of our children and be in sympathy with and supportive of our Christian ethos and values.
Please visit our website for more detailed information about our school. We invite interested applicants to arrange an informal chat and a tour of the School. To arrange a visit or for more information please contact the school office.
We hold the right to appoint the right candidate as soon as possible. Please do not wait for the closing date to contact us or send in an application form.
To apply for this job, please email email@example.com requesting an application form or apply online via the eteach website.
Please note we do not accept applications by CV.
Ashford C of E School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers, online search and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Staff are accountable for the way in which they exercise authority, manage risk, use resources and protect children, who they are responsible for or in contact with, from discrimination and avoidable harm. All staff, where paid or voluntary, have a duty to keep children safe and to protect them from harm. When an individual accepts a role that involves working with children they need to understand and acknowledge that the responsibilities and trust are inherent to that role. There will be a requirement that staff observe their obligations in accordance with the School’s safeguarding procedures and report any concerns in accordance with the procedures.