LDBS Zoom Governor Training Protocols
We are delighted to welcome you to our autumn governor training programme, which will be held remotely via Zoom.
We would like to explain our Zoom protocols in advance and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have:
- You will be emailed the Zoom link to the training course a few days in advance, together with any relevant course information.
- Please do not forward the Zoom link to anyone. If you need to cancel and would like to offer a fellow governor your place, please let us know and we will send the link directly to them.
- Please join the Zoom meeting a few minutes in advance. You will be in a waiting room and the course host will let you in.
- The course host will have a full list of expected participants. Please use your own name to identify yourself in Zoom – this will ensure that the course host knows that he/she can let you in. This is a precaution that we are taking because we want all our participants to feel safe and know that they can speak confidentially about the circumstances in their school within the context of the Zoom group. We will not admit people who have not signed up in advance and identified themselves.
- At the start of the Zoom session, the course host will explain how the chat, mute, video, breakout rooms and other Zoom functions will be used, as well as how questions and group discussion will be handled.
- We ask that all participants keep the discussions confidential, to ensure that all participants feel safe and free to be open about the particular circumstances in their school. We will follow the Chatham House Rule: participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speakers, nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
- You may not record the training session or any part of it.
- If others are likely to be in the same room as you during the training session, please wear headphones and use the mute function – unless you are participating in discussion or asking questions.
- It is ok to arrive late, but we ask that you make every effort not to do so, to ensure the smooth flow of the training session.
- After the session, we will email you the session materials (if applicable) and a link to an online feedback form.
We are always hoping to improve our training offering, so please do let us know if you have any feedback or comments about this approach.