School Receptionist and Administration Officer – Fulham Boys School
Fulham Boys School, 532 Fulham Rd., London SW6 5BD
School Receptionist and Administration Officer
Full Time / Part Time, Permanent
Start date:1st September 2022
We are looking to appoint a highly organised and hardworking individual as our School Receptionist and Administration Officer. This is an important front of house role and the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for the school. This is an exceptionally busy position which would suit a highly motivated person with a caring mindset and a sense of humour.
The purpose of the post is to manage Reception and provide reprographics and administration support.
This is a year round contract with 30 days annual leave. Hours of work are 7.45am to 5.45pm Monday to Thursday and 7.45am to 4.45pm on Fridays during term time, outside of term time hours of work will be 8.30am to 3.30pm.
We are able to offer flexible hours to great candidates and job share options will be considered which could include mornings/afternoons or different days. Experience of working in a school is desirable although not essential.
The successful applicant will have:
- Good organisational and time keeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good keyboard skills
- Effective use of ICT packages
- A can do attitude with the flexibility to undertake a wide variety of tasks
- The ability to use initiative to problem solve, manage priorities and be calm under pressure
- The ability to take initiative and work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
Principal Job Activities
- Act as first point of contact for the school in a professional and welcoming manner to all stakeholders
- Undertake reception duties
- Provide first aid to students
- Oversees central reprographics
- Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of Reception duties
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- General clerical/administrative duties
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for young people
How to apply?
We actively encourage potential candidates to visit our school. If you do wish to visit, please contact Jane Proudfoot, HR Manager, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please log onto our website www.fulhamboysschool.org for further details about the school.
FBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Friday 24th June
Interview date: week commencing 27th June
Job commences: 1st September 2022
Early application is advised as applications will be considered as they are received, and we reserve the right to appoint at any time in the process.
The successful candidates will be supportive of the School’s distinctly Christian ethos.
FBS is committed to the protection and safety of our learners. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing the role.