School Facilities – Caretaker – St Mary’s CE Primary School N3
School Facilities – Caretaker
St Mary’s CE Primary School, 62 Dollis Park, London N3 1BT
020 8343 0866 www.stmarysfinchley.co.uk
School Facilities – Caretaker Permanent, all year round
Level 4 (Unified Reward Grade E)
£26,913 – £28,737, depending on experience
The Governors of this friendly, successful, two-form entry plus nursery, Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed Caretaker who can make a significant contribution to the school.
The main focus of the role is security and maintenance of the building, health & safety, fire safety and statutory compliance. Other duties include undertaking safety audits and risk assessments and ensuring regular health and safety checks are completed e.g. fire alarms, emergency lighting and Legionella testing.
We are looking for someone who
• Has a positive attitude and can build excellent relationships with colleagues and the whole school community;
• Has a sound awareness of health and safety issues;
• Can manage the planned maintenance programme and oversee the delivery of statutory compliance tasks;
• Can maintain accurate and up to date records;
• Can carry out day to day operational running of the school as appropriate;
• Can carry out routine maintenance and basic repairs;
• Can spot opportunities to improve efficiencies and working practices and take appropriate action;
• Experience of joinery, plumbing, repairs and maintenance would be an advantage, but not essential;
• Has a professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school, maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality;
• Understand and act within the statutory frameworks setting out their professional duties and responsibilities;
• Maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour;
• Is hardworking, honest, dependable, approachable and self-motivated with good communication skills;
• Has the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role and is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the postholder will carry out. The postholder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the Executive Headteacher, Head of School or line manager.
We can offer:
• A caring Christian ethos where every child’s learning and wellbeing is important;
• A friendly and collaborative staff;
• A supportive wider school community;
• Commitment to your further professional development including mentoring and support.
Informal visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please contact the School Business Manager, Mira Shah, to make an appointment. For more information about the school, please visit our website at http://www.stmarysfinchley.co.uk
Please e-mail completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver or post to Mira Shah, School Office, St Mary’s CEP School, Dollis Park, London N3 1BT.
Closing Date: 9am, Wednesday 15th November 2023
Shortlisting: 12noon, Wednesday 15th November 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 21st November 2023
St Mary’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check along with other relevant employment checks.