School Caretaker – Christ Church Bentinck CE Primary School
Christ Church Bentinck CE Primary School
London NW1 5NS
Tel: 020 3 351 4135
Headteacher: Sandra Tyrrell
Hours per week: 10:30am to 6pm with one late night to 7pm
(36 hours per week) with a 1 hour break
Full year with 28 days holiday
Gross Annual Full-time Salary: £23,421
1 year fixed term with the opportunity of securing a permanent contract
The governors wish to appoint an energetic and dedicated individual to our ‘OUTSTANDING’ school.
We are a thriving, multicultural, central London school (217 pupils), serving the local community with a supportive and inclusive Christian ethos and a highly committed friendly staff.
We are looking for:
A practical and well-motivated person for the post of Caretaker to join our team of committed staff. We are looking for someone who will really care for our school, ensuring it looks its best, is safe and exemplifies the high expectations we have of our children.
The Caretaker will take responsibility for the school’s security, groundkeeping, stock-taking, cleaning as well as general maintenance and repair work.
The ideal Caretaker will:
- Be a hands-on energetic individual who can develop and implement systems/procedures as well as maintain current ones
- Be practical with good DIY skills – carrying out repairs and decoration works within a regular cycle
- Have some previous experience of maintenance work
- Be pro-active in prioritising environmental concerns regarding the school and grounds
- Be fully aware of health and safety issues related to the community and the environment and can implement the necessary risk assessments
- Be flexible with working hours, particularly during the school holiday periods
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th June 2022 (9am)
Short listing date: Thursday 17th June 2022
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 20th June 2022
Please return completed application forms to: email@example.com
Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the Office Team (Mrs Elmonawir or Mrs Riley) on 020 3351 4135 or by email.
The governors of our school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
An initial offer of appointment will be made to the successful candidate and will only become a substantive position subject to appropriate references along with evidence of original documents for qualifications, health etc.