School Business Manager – St Mary’s CE Primary School
St Mary’s CE Primary School
Founded in 1812
Dollis Park, Finchley, LONDON N3 1BT
Tel: 020 8343 0866 · Fax: 020 8346 3825 · www.stmarysfinchley.co.uk ·
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Mr Stefan Roos Chair of Governors: Mrs Claire Turner
School Business Manager
Required from 1st June 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter) for a part-time, permanent post, 30 hours per week for 39 weeks of the year.
Salary Range: Barnet Unified Reward Range Grade I: Fulltime Salary £35,494 – £39,563 (Actual Salary circa: £25,900 -£28,869)
The Governors of St Mary’s School, working in a partnership with another Church of England Primary School, are looking for an effective and experienced administrator with aspirations to further develop the newly created Business Manager post, while supporting the school’s Christian character.
The life of the school is underpinned by our Christian Ethos
and rooted in our Christian Vision
‘Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and all people’
St Mary’s vision is to become a community where children develop a life-long love of learning, characterised by educational excellence, supportive relationships and Christian values, which enables every child and adult to flourish mentally, physically, spiritually and socially and fulfil their God-given potential, in a welcoming, safe and inclusive Christian environment.
As an innovative school with strong Christian vision and the desire to support other schools where we can, we want to appoint a School Business Manager who can work collaboratively with all stakeholders to continue moving the school forward.
The School Business Manager will have good SBM or administration experience, coupled with strong interpersonal skills needed to be an effective manager. The role will encapsulate all the business functions of the school but not currently the role of Finance Officer. However, our hope is that this can be developed in time. The role also offers scope for re-grading once additional functions are developed and the possibility of some overtime and/or flexible working for additional tasks.
As SBM, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day business function with direct line management responsibilities of the school office staff, premises staff and the contracts for catering and cleaning/caretaking staff. You will report directly to the Executive Headteacher and will work with him to ensure operations are working in line with the School Improvement Plan and compliance requirements.
Applicants must meet and evidence of the following criteria (please also see the Job Description and Person Specification below):
- The drive and experience to ensure that the business elements of the school are exemplary
- Relevant qualifications for this role, although the SBM qualification is not an essential criterion at this point
- Have previously held responsibility for managing other staff
- Dynamic leadership skills with previous experience of working independently and as part of a team (including some work with governors)
- Proven experience as an outstanding administrator or SBM
- Experience of contract management, financial procedures, appraisal, marketing and Health and Safety Compliance
The ideal candidates will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and an aspiring approach to developing the SBM function
- Possess the ability to motivate, inspire and support others
- Have a commitment to working collaboratively and in partnership with parents, staff, children, governors, outside agencies and our partner school
- Have proven experience as an effective administrator or SBM (or similar role)
- Lead by example and be passionate about driving improvement with flair and imagination
- Have the capacity to learn new skills/knowledge quickly.
If you would like to discuss the details of the vacancy further with Stefan Roos, our Executive Headteacher, you are warmly welcomed to do so. Application packs are available below and should be returned to the Executive Headteacher email@example.com
Please use the application form below. CVs or Barnet local authority application forms will not be accepted.
For more information about the school, please visit our website at http://www.stmarysfinchley.co.uk
Closing Date: Monday 16th May 2022 at 12noon
Shortlisting: Monday 16th May at 2pm
Interviews: Thursday 19th May 2022 all day
St Mary’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check along with other relevant employment checks.