KS1 and KS2 Learning Support Assistants – St. James & St. John Church of England Primary School
St. James & St. John Church of England Primary School
4 Craven Terrace London W2 3QD
Tel 0207 504 0535
Headteacher: Mr Mark Hewitt
Thriving together in love life and learning.
Jesus said, I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly
KS1 and KS2 LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTS REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2023
LSA (contract attached to pupil) – 32.5 hrs per week Term Time
Start Date – Monday 4th September 2023
Salary Grade Range – Band 1 Level 1 Steps 1- 4
(£19,687.81 – £21,008.41, term time only)
Application Closing Date – 12 noon Friday 23rd June
Interview Day – Monday 26th June
St James and St John is a successful one-form entry Church of England primary school situated near to Paddington, Lancaster Gate and Hyde Park. We are proud of our fantastic children and the strong sense of community in our school.
“Pupils are nurtured and cared for in this school. Staff, pupils and their families work closely together to create a family ethos” OFSTED December 2021
We are looking for Key Stage One and Key Stage Two Learning Support Assistants to join our team in September 2023. The post is to provide support for an individual pupil as outlined in their personal plan and provide general support in the classroom and around the school including at lunchtimes.
- Have an enthusiasm and passion for working with childrenLSA (contract attached to pupil)
- Have the drive to want to ensure that the children you support make good progress
- Work as part of our team as we seek to build on the great things we do
- Be a reflective practitioner who is keen to develop their teaching skills
- Be able to support the Christian ethos and values of the school
We can offer you
- Supportive and friendly colleagues
- An exciting and ambitious curriculum
- A welcoming and happy school with well-behaved children and supportive parents
- A commitment to your continuous professional development
- Support from colleagues to implement the support
- A school located right in the heart of central London with brilliant opportunities for learning outside the classroom
St James and St John CE Primary School is committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, two references, and prohibition from teaching check.
Applications will only be accepted if submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org using the LDBS Application Form. CVs will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection process will include an interview, a short task with a small group of children and a written task. References for all short-listed candidates will be requested prior to interview.
Please download an Application Pack from our website: https://www.stjamesandstjohnschool.co.uk/job-vacancies or download from below.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Mrs Vera Hoti at the school office for an appointment or/and further information at email@example.com. Please return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org