Headteacher – St Luke’s CofE Primary School, Isle of Dogs
St. Luke’s C of E Primary School, Isle of Dogs
Salary: £80,655- £92,007 gross per annum
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Start date: September 2024
Apply by: 23rd February 2024
We are seeking an outstanding headteacher to lead our school as we pursue our Christian vision of “hearts overflowing with truth and love.” Located on the Isle of Dogs in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, our two-form entry Primary school and Nursery serves the full breadth of our amazingly diverse local community.
With our very recent Ofsted inspection confirming that we continue to be a good school, the governors now wish to appoint someone, with vision, creativity and ambition, to lead St Luke’s in the next stage of growth, building on our secure foundations.
You will be coming to a school that our pupils describe as feeling “like a family”; to a staff team that is dedicated, compassionate, and supportive; and to a governing body that is committed to working for the benefit of all our staff and pupils.
The skills and experience we’re looking for
Our new headteacher will:
- be driven by a love of learning and a passion to realise the potential of every child
- Inspire, lead and support a highly committed team of teaching and associate staff through an empowering and nurturing management approach
- have the resilience, creativity and courage needed to bring continued improvement to our school in an ever-changing educational landscape
- have the appetite, and the capability, for wider leadership opportunities in the future
- Build positive relationships with the school’s pupils, staff, parents and governors, and the wider community
- Engage all our pupils (including SEND and Disadvantaged Pupils) in a broad, balanced, creative and challenging curriculum so that they are happy and achieve their potential within a caring and inclusive community
- be open, approachable and unwaveringly enthusiastic
In return we offer:
- an exciting opportunity to lead a distinctively Christian school with a reputation for both academic ambition and pastoral care for all
- a committed team of teaching and associate staff
- an enthusiastic and diverse community of pupils
- genuine support from the governing body and parish churches
- extensive professional learning input and unrivalled continuing development opportunities
- a generous staff benefits package
Applying for the job
To learn more about the position, our wonderful school, its staff, and the wider school community, please refer to the application pack and our website: https://www.st-lukes.towerhamlets.sch.uk/
Visits to the School: We very much welcome visits to our school and the opportunity to show you around and meet our pupils. Please contact Cristina King by phoning 020 7987 1753 or emailing CKing@stlukeslondon.org to arrange your visit.
Application form here
Application pack here
Closing Date: Noon on Friday 23rd February 2024. Please submit your application together with your personal statement to the Chair of Governors, Rev Ed Dix, by emailing email@example.com
Shortlisted Candidates: will be contacted by email and telephone on Friday 23rd February 2024. Information about the interview process and content will then be sent to all shortlisted candidates.
Interviews: will be conducted at midday on Friday 8th March 2024.
References/employment checks will be taken up for shortlisted candidates before the interview to follow safe recruitment practice. Successful candidates will be subject to employment checks, two references (including current or most recent employer), and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We reserve the right to research applicants on social media platforms and the internet and this information may be taken into account by the recruitment panel.
About St Luke’s C of E Primary School
Saunders Ness Road
Isle of Dogs
London E14 3EB
Tel: 020 7987 1753