Headteacher – St John’s Walham Green CE Primary School, Fulham
St John’s Walham Green CE Primary School
Filmer Road, Fulham, London SW6 6AS
www.stjohnsce.lbhf.sch.uk 020 7731 5454
Salary: Inner London Leadership Scale L18 – L24 (£79,856 to £91,095)
Full time, Permanent
Start date: September 2024
St John’s Walham Green CE Primary School, a warm, welcoming and ambitious two-form entry school in the heart of Fulham, is looking for an inspiring and experienced Headteacher to build on its strengths and take it forward to future success.
The current Headteacher is retiring after 13 years at St John’s, which in a 2023 Ofsted report was designated as continuing to be ‘good’ with enough evidence of improved performance to suggest that it could be judged ‘outstanding’ when the next graded inspection was carried out.
As a Church of England school, we believe it is our Christian distinctiveness and our motto “Love one another” (John 13) that makes us unique and enables our pupils to flourish.
What we offer:
– A happy and inclusive school environment where respect for one another is visible;
– An enriched, well-structured and creative curriculum;
– A strong senior leadership team;
– A central place in our close and active community with an active Parents’, Teachers’ and Friends’ Association;
– A committed governing body with a wide range of experience and skills;
– Strong links to St John’s and other local churches;
– Excellent financial management.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
– Has a proven track record as a Headteacher or well-established Deputy;
– Can provide the school with clear vision, strong leadership and coherent strategic direction;
– Has a demonstrated ability to lead the school in raising standards academically;
– Can create a workplace ethos of loyalty, trust and mutual respect;
– Hold and communicate a clear Christian vision for the school;
– Can plan and manage the school’s financial and other resources;
– Is committed to personal continuous professional development.
Visits to the school on Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th February are warmly welcomed. Please contact Marie Price via the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application pack here
Application form here
To apply, please download the application form, taking time to complete each section. This form should be emailed, together with a covering letter, to Chantelle Thomas-Payne: email@example.com.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd February at 12 noon
Shortlisting: by Thursday 29th February
Interviews: Friday 8th March
St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to pre-employment checks, satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.