General Teaching Assistant and Playleader – St Paul’s CE Primary School
St Paul’s CE Primary SchoolRingwood WayWinchmore HillLondonN21 2RA
General Teaching Assistant / Playleader
Actual Salary Range: £15,778 – £16,063 pa inc (Scale 2)
Hours: 31 hours 15 minutes per week x 38 weeks: 8.50 am – 3.35 pm, 5 days a week
Contract Type: Permanent
Commencement Date: 1 September 2022
We are an outstanding, over-subscribed, friendly and welcoming two form entry Voluntary Aided Church of England primary school in the heart of Winchmore Hill, close to The Green and the overground train station. The school has a Christian ethos which is celebrated and incorporated in to the daily life of the school. The school has a strong community feel and is well supported by parents. There is an established senior leadership team in place and staff are welcoming and friendly.
This is an exciting and exceptional opportunity for candidates to become fully involved in school life and we are looking for someone who is confident in their abilities to deliver assistance in the classroom and have an impact on all pupils. We are looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team and can work consistently using initiative. Applications from people with appropriate experience, good communication and organisational skills are invited for this position.
The appointed person will provide in-class support for year groups and individual teaching staff.
In line with recent legislation, applicants must have a command of spoken English that is sufficient to effectively carry out the duties of the role.
Applications from people with appropriate proven abilities, good communication and organisational skills are invited.
We are looking for someone who:
- has high expectations of pupils’ behaviour
- works well within a team
- can be a positive role model for children
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- has high levels of self-motivation and an eagerness to take a lead
- has the ability to be reflective and continually seek opportunities to learn and develop their practice
We can offer:
- a positive and supportive environment
- highly motivated children with excellent behaviour
- a thoughtful and caring school where developing effective learners is our central concern
- a thriving community with a wonderfully supportive PTA that organises fun events through the year
- attractive and well developed outdoor play areas
The successful candidate will need to subscribe to the DBS Update Service. Applications will not be progressed for candidates who have been barred from undertaking teaching work.
Visits to the school are recommended, following COVID guidelines. Please contact Mrs Zmajkovic by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit. The recruitment pack can be downloaded below and all applications should be made directly through https://enfieldjobs-edu.engageats.co.uk. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 3 June 2022
Shortlisting: Tuesday 7 June 2022
Interviews: Friday 10 June 2022