Facilities Manager – Marylebone Boys School
North Wharf Road
London W2 1QZ
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
Terms: Permanent, full time
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm (half hour unpaid lunch),
25 days holiday per year rising to 30 days after five years’ service
Reporting to: School Business Manager
Marylebone Boys’ School is a Free School Academy which opened in September 2014. We are an inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 35% disadvantaged students. We have approximately 700 boys in Years 7-11 and over 100 in the mixed Sixth Form. We will eventually have over 1000 students studying at our school.
We an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support will be helped and expected to achieve their full potential. Our motto is “studio et industria”, which can be translated as “through application and hard work”.
We are in two brand-new buildings in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area, one for Years 7-11 and one dedicated for Sixth Form, both on North Wharf Road.
Main Purpose of Job
As Facilities Manager you will be accountable for all on-site facilities across our two buildings leading on improvement projects across both sites. Responsibilities include buildings maintenance, security, cleaning, health, and safety, the letting of our facilities and contractors.
The post-holder is required to contribute to high standards and support the overall vision, aims and ethos of the school and manage the two on-site Facilities Assistants.
- The deadline to apply for this role is 8.00am on Wednesday 29 June, however we will interview suitable candidates upon receipt of suitable applications, therefore early submissions are encouraged.
- Complete the application form fully, including the separate supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
- The school cannot consider CVs due to safer recruitment processes.
- Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on email@example.com.
- The interview process will include an interview and a series of tasks.
- We will only contact candidates who the school would like to interview.
- We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their application and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.
- We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory references in advance, of whom one must be your current Headteacher if you are currently working in a school.