Induction for New Governors (x2 twilight sessions) – you will need to sign up to both sessions to get the full benefit of the training – Registration is now closed
This course will enable new governors to understand and fulfil their key roles – to support and challenge their schools and to contribute to improving pupil outcomes. Both dates need to be attended to get the full benefit of the training: 17th and 18th May 2022
Tues 17th May 2022, 5-7pm: New governors – Introductory course (Session 1 of 2)
Session 1 covers:
- the main purpose, powers and duties of governing boards and the legal framework within which they operate
- the governors’ role in setting the Christian vision and strategic direction of the school, and SIAMS inspections
Weds 18th May 2022, 5-7pm: New governors – Introductory course (Session 2 of 2)
Session 2 covers:
- challenge, support, and holding school leaders to account
- governor visits, headteacher reports, Ofsted inspections and the impact of Covid-19 on governance
- what is effective governance?
It is helpful but not essential for governors to have attended at least one governing board meeting before attending.