Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS)
SIAMS Framework September 2023 page is here.
SIAMS Schedule 2021/2
Inspectors will grade the school on the following over-arching inspection question:
“How effective is the school’s distinctive Christian vision, established and promoted by leadership at all levels, in enabling pupils to flourish?”
This question is explored through seven strands:
- Vision and Leadership
- Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills
- Character Development: Hope, Aspiration and Courageous Advocacy
- Community and Living Well Together
- Dignity and Respect
- The impact of collective worship
- The effectiveness of religious education
One overall grade is awarded reflecting the contribution of these strands to the flourishing of pupils and adults in a Church school. In addition a standalone grade is awarded in all schools for collective worship and in voluntary aided (VA) schools and former VA schools for religious education (RE). This grade is based on teaching and learning alone.